Monday 16 May 2011

Today, I have been feeling odd.

I've been feeling a bit odd all day. I couldn't really tell you in what way, just generally a bit weird. Also, my laptop keeps making a noise that makes me think it's raining, which is a bit disconcerting, so I wish it would stop. My laptop has been having a few tantrums recently. Anyway, yes, people just seem to have been in bad moods, and I don't like that. And I went to the library to try and start revision but it just made me feel more weird and lonely being in a huge room with hundreds of people who weren't talking. Well actually sometimes they do talk, but when they do talk it annoys me. See: I have been feeling odd.

This is what I wore on my day that I felt odd:



My day was improved when I found 'Oh Comely' magazine in my local WHSmiths. I found the magazine in a little shop in Edinburgh but didn't get it because my mum was hurrying me along, but immediately regretted not getting it. If you've not seen it before you should read about it here . It's about "people and their quirks and their creativity, rather than money and what it can buy." I knew it was love after finding an article debating the question of whether one should squeeze a teabag or not, a flow-chart deciding which unusual kitchen utensil you need, and a feature on a girl who draws birds in hats.

Also, this evening I watched Simon Amstell's comedy DVD with my housemate. (We both fell in love with 'Grandma's House'.. the funniest sitcom I have ever seen. I was laughing so much that I nearly had to use my inhaler. (honestly I was actually wheezing..) My favourite bit was where he talked about how he was once wondering why there wasn't anywhere you could just go and meet up with people, without all the pretence of 'going for dinner'; an indoor area where people could just catch up. And then, he says, he thought people might get a bit hungry after being in said place for half an hour... and he invented the restaurant. I think I probably massively killed that joke by writing it down but, honestly, he's hilarious.


One last thing, do you like my omlette? I was proud to make something that resembled one; my last few probably didn't warrant the name.

xox

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for the comment! I'm glad someone else Is buying Oh Comely as I don't know anyone who does! Plus Its not a very commercial magazine so I hope it can stay afloat. The next Issue is out in 2 weeks I think :]

    Also, I LOVE Simon Amstell. I got my brother his stand-up dvd and we both loved it. I really liked him when he presented Never Mind The Buzzcocks, but never got round to seeing Grandma's House, I really should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice camera!
    That omelette looks pretty tasty :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think about my blog :)